Okay, so here are my 7 interesting things about me. It has taken me a while to figure out what to write, but as I read other's I see that it is typical to not know what to write! So, here goes.
1. I had a terrible fear of heights. I'd be shaking and freeze and not be able to move up or down. I got this crazy notion in my head one day that I would go skydiving and bungee jumping to get over my fear. It was very fun, once I got over being completely terrified and giving into peer pressure. I'm still afraid of heights, but not as bad as I used to be.
2. I only drink water out of plastic cups. Not just any plastic cups, it has to be the hard, clear plastic. It just doesn't taste as good out of any other kind of cup, except for at restaurants. I always drink my water at restaurants in a glass cup. Milk has to be in glass, not plastic. Juice, I'm okay with either plastic or glass, but prefer plastic...any kind of plastic cup.
3. I'm a packrat. I keep things "just in case." I have boxes and boxes of things that are "I might need this someday" boxes. It has been so long since I've looked in them that I have no idea what is even in them anymore. I don't like this about myself and I am working to improve.
4. I am a chocolate fanatic. If it is chocolate (without nuts) I will most likely enjoy it. However, I'm not a huge fan of chocolate flavored things like hard candy, chapstick, perfume, lotions, etc., etc. I would much prefer watermelon or something berry or softly scented flowery. I also do not like to have chocolate things ruined with nuts...any kind of nuts. YUCK!
5. I love music. I have a large repertoire of CD's anywhere from 80's hair bands to current alternative to 30's and 40's swing to Top 40. I like to hear all the different sounds and instruments that make up a song. I like music with a lot going on in the accompaniment. I knew that Jake was my soul mate the first time we listened to a song on the radio that we both liked and made little hand motions at the same part. Aaaahhh. He gets into it just as much as I do. We have a hard time tolerating stupid bands that have no talent and all the songs sound the same with the same 4 chords played through the whole song. Christmas music is the best. If I'm in a bad mood I'll listen to Christmas music (anytime of year) and immediately be in a better mood.
6. I'm a cluttery person. I think this stems from my packrat nature. Things just always seem to pile up and then I get overwhelmed and don't know where to start to take care of it. Then I just get to the point where I just think it would be easier if my house burned down and I could start over again. My goal is to be clutter free before next Christmas. That is probably how long it will take! Hopefully not.
7. My dream is to have 20 acres with a big house with a twisty slide from the bedrooms to a ginormous playroom that is a replica of Swiss Family Robinson complete with tree houses, suspension bridge, swinging vines and a pond (swimming pool) with a big rock slide going down into the pool. I also have always wanted one of those little trains like Ricky Schroeder had on Silver Spoons that you can just go anywhere in the house on the train. And I would need an indoor raquetball court and a softball field out in the yard.
Those are my 7. And everyone that I know that blogs has been tagged already, so I will not tag anyone else.
Happy Birthday Oliver!
3 months ago